Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Rita recently joined the Black Law Group as Of Counsel after practicing law and providing legal and litigation services for over 9 years. She has represented clients in domestic and family related matters including divorce, annulment, contempt, post-divorce modifications, equity actions arising out of cohabitation, prenuptial agreements, and chapter 190B conservator and guardianship matters.
Rita also maintains a practice as a general practitioner advocating on behalf of businesses and individuals in commercial disputes, premise and motor vehicle personal injury, wrongful death, some medical malpractice, and torts such as breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, and others.
Prior to establishing her own practice, Rita worked in appellate advocacy for civil and criminal appeals before the New Hampshire Supreme Court and First Circuit Court of Appeals. Her work involved extensive research in federal and state criminal law, contracts, trusts, property, domestic relations, and constitutional law. Prior to becoming a legal advocate, Rita worked in regulatory compliance for a fortune 500 mutual fund company and as the Treasury Manager for a multi-national internet company.
Rita is a graduate of the Massachusetts School of Law. She is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and Federal District Court of Massachusetts. She holds an M.B.A. from the Simmons Graduate School of Management. She is a member of the Southeast Asian Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations and Family Law, Drafting Prenuptial, Post Nuptial, and Co-habitation Agreements
- Civil Litigation, Premise Liability, Motor Vehicle and Wrongful Death, & Employment Discrimination.
- Business Services include software and development contracts, Service Application Agreements, Business Buy-Sell, Merger and Acquisition Agreements; Partnership and Operating Agreements, Employment Severance Agreements.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2012
- Rita Sud is a graduate of the Massachusetts School of Law. She holds an M.B.A. from the Simmons Graduate School of Management.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Southeast Asian Bar Association